About usWhat We Believe
What We Believe
As a Christian church we want all that we believe and do to be grounded in God's word, the Bible. As a part of the Church of England we hold to the historic teaching of the Church of England found in the 39 Articles of Religion, the Book of Common Prayer, and the Ordinal.
Specifically we emphasise these key points:
- The triune personhood of God as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit,
and the historical incarnation of the Son of God through the Virgin
- The substitutionary sin-bearing death, bodily resurrection, present
heavenly reign, and future return to judgement of Jesus Christ the
- The universality of sin, the present justification of sinners by
grace through faith in Christ alone, and their supernatural regeneration
and new life through the Holy Spirit.
- The calling of the Church and of all Christian people to a life of holiness and prayer according to the Scriptures.
- The primacy of evangelism and nurture in each local church's task of setting forth the kingdom of God.
- The significance of personal present repentance and faith as determining eternal destiny.
- The finality of God's revelation in Jesus Christ and the uniqueness of
his ministry as our prophet, priest and king, and the only Saviour of
- The infallibility and supreme authority of "God's Word written" and its
clarity and sufficiency for the resolving of disputes about Christian
faith and life
This text was adapted from the Reform Covenant